Friday, June 6, 2014

Why hello there

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU DARE DEFEAT...
...my wins?!
It's my triumphant return to the blogging industry after fourteen months outside of it!
Sorry for this but it seems that things are about to change right now. It's 2014 already and Portugal is no longer getting Cartoon Network HQ. We'll find out more about that later.
Anyway, here's the backstory on this blog:
The year was 2012. The month was February. I already turned 14 that month. Not too long after, on the 29th of February (2012 was a leap year, for those who don't know) and because I was sick for pretty much most of the month (two weeks, give it or take), something changed my life forever.
When I was in 8th grade, we did random stuff, and on that day, our class created blogs. Some of my friends already had blogs, others, like myself, didn't. So I hastily created a bad blog which had little to no potential audience and only one comment from another person. I also created a studies blog which also had that problem, but with almost no comments. Then another one about weird TV shows, also no success. The only successful blog I had was "Cartoon Network HQ and Boomerang HQ stuff" - because "stuff" looked better than "schedule" and I said that with that name, I could include content that's not just schedules. At the end of March 2012, the Portuguese blogging landscape added a new English-speaking blog, one of the fewest ones to exist in the English language. I used that blog to talk about CN HQ and BM HQ's schedules, highlights and other stuff.
All of a sudden, things changed. The biggest turning point I had was in... June. I posted a video of a previous Toon Cup and the list of countries taking part of the 2012 Toon Cup. Alan Partridge was there, however it weirdly enough made a solid spot in the top 10 list:
And yes, twenty years have passed from that world cup. The next one is about to start.
And thanks to my summer vacation, I could post more and more regularly on my blogs. By September, I focused more and more on the CN blog and it started to get out of control. I had a lack of ideas and started to post fillers, usually random CN clips or pictures of what is Darwin Waterman with a shirt on.
For those who don't know who Darwin Waterman is, it was based on a merman humanization of Flounder with blue and yellow hair and was weirdly enough wearing a blue shirt. Once I launch RandomMe Entertainment's blog I'll post more about him.
Anyway, I tried to make an advent calendar but I stopped halfway through because it was mostly fillers and all that. I made a post about CN HQ's 7 Days of Christmas' highlights with some pictures of Darwin Waterman/kmy1205's Merman Flounder and two music videos: a One Direction one (just to attract more readers) and Gangnam Style (yes, I like that song, however it was about to be something to attract more viewers).
However, on December 30th, I joined the Toonzone forums and adopted a username that was way better than a mix of a weird blog from 2003 + Cat Face's blog from one of the first episodes + a reference to that bloke with a pencil in his eye. As the months progressed, I started to care less and less on Blogger and more and more on Toonzone. I had to post something at the end of March for the blog's first anniversary and a post explaning on the end of it. I assume that it ended with "but hey. that's life". I don't want to check that blog in the future. It looks like someone posted humiliating images of me on the internet.
Months later (around October or November), I was thinking about the blog. It needed a part 2. However I didn't make one, unfortunately.
Recently I e-mailed Ákos Abonyi (owner of "Cartoon Zone", which is now a popular European blog franchising company with four employees) about the start of Cartoon Media Group PT. It's now being greenlighted and another blog (another English one called Cartoon World Portugal) will be a part of Cartoon Media Group, where artnerfy from the Toonzone forums will post in there as well.
CN PT news will not be posted on this blog, but I'll post CN PT's saga - which involves CN HQ.
So please, let's make this blog having a potential audience of 500+ people rather than just 36 people. I'm hoping that this blog will be waaaay better than searching for the magical sounds of Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment